Neon Party Ideas
Also called a Glow-in-the-Dark-Party or a Blacklight Party
Neon colored party supplies glowing under blacklights, plus lots of techno music to dance to will make a perfect neon glow in the dark party.
Neon Party Invitations
Use black card stock and neon pens, neon stickers and/or glow in the dark paint to write the wording. Include a glow in the dark tattoo for guests to wear to the party. You can ask guests to wear a plain black or white t-shirt. Plan the starting time so that most of party takes place after dark, so that all your neon stuff will glow.
Neon Party Decorations
- Order lots of glow bracelets, necklaces and glow sticks
- Neon colored party supplies like neon plates, napkins, and glasses
- Black lights make all the neon colors stand out, so hang 4-6 blacklights around the dance floor area and change light bulbs in table lamps to a dark color. You’ll want one 6 foot black light for 25 feet of wall space.
- Cover your walls using a roll of plastic table cover so the room stays dark enough to keep everything glowing.
- Use black tablecloths so the bright colored plates and cups will stand out.
- Make balloons glow by activating a glowstick and then sliding it inside a balloon before you inflate it. Hang bunches of these glowing balloons around the party room. Or buy these green lighted balloons.
- Hang a glow in the dark beaded curtain over the doorway.
- Use white string to create a big spider web design on the ceiling. It won’t really show up until the black lights are on, and then it looks fantastic overhead!
- Shop now for your Neon Party and get Free Shipping on ShindigZ Party Supplies.
Activities at Your Neon Party
- Highlighters will glow in the dark, so have plenty of highlighters for people to draw on their t-shirts or write messages on each others’ shirts. Just keep it clean, folks, because parents will eventually see them. Yellow, orange, pink and green highlighters work best.
- Laundry detergent with whiteners will glow in the dark, so put out a few cups of liquid Tide and some paint brushes. It can be used to draw designs or messages on clothes or the black paper lining your walls .
- Neon or glow in the dark face paint-make sure it’s safe to use on skin.
- After drawing on their faces and t-shirts, people will want to dance under the black lights to see their designs glow in the dark.
- You’ll need lots of music at your neon party. Spend some time choosing a playlist full of techno and dance tunes. You may be able to get a local band to play for free, or for a small fee. Or hire a DJ to handle the music and keep everyone moving on the dance floor. Be sure to ask for edited versions of the songs.
Neon Party Food
- Chicken wings
- Egg rolls
- Veggie platter
- Lots of different chips and dip, pretzels and popcorn
- Candy and cookies
- Lots of non-alcoholic drinks like sparkling apple juice in wine glasses, virgin lemonade margaritas, virgin strawberry daiquiris, soda, and plenty of water.
- Use neon colored frosting on cupcakes to avoid the hassle of cutting a large cake.
Neon Party Favors
Shop now for your Neon Party and get Free Shipping on ShindigZ Party Supplies.