Spa Party Ideas
Teen Girls Spa Birthday Party
Here’s a fun way to host a girls spa party for a teen birthday. Invite your girlfriends over for a night of pampering and relaxing together. This spa birthday party guide includes a few homemade spa treatment recipes for a fun alternative to salon products, plus spa party invitations and lots more.
Spa Party Invitations
To design your own spa party invitations, use clip art of a bottle of nail polish and this wording:
Manicures, facials and a whole lot more,
All the things we girls adore!
You’re Invited to a Spa Party
Spa Party Decorations
- Any balloons or streamers should be in soft colors that match your other spa party supplies like plates and napkins.
- Play soothing background music such as ocean waves or instrumental music.
- Bring all your mirrors into the room where guests will be pampered.
- Create a spa basket for each girl that includes a stretchy cloth headband, washcloth, hand held mirror and toe separators for applying nail polish.
- Arrange the nail polish choices on a small tray.
- Collect enough foot tubs for the girls to soak their feet. Large plastic bowls or plastic storage boxes could work, too.
- Buy a few teen magazines for the guests to look through while lounging between stations.
- Shop now for Spa Party supplies, including personalized banner, favors, and decorations.
Spa Party Activities and Recipes
- If your budget allows, hire the nail technician from your local salon to come to the party and provide mini-manicures and mini-pedicures for the guests.
- Create Spa Stations – Set up separate areas for the spa activities. You’ll need an area for the girls to make their own beauty products (optional…you can always purchase these supplies instead), another area to apply facials, and an area for doing manicures and pedicures.
- Facials – If you’d like to make your own spa products, try one or more of these recipes for a homemade facials. Set out the ingredients and an instruction card, and let the girls mix and apply to their faces.
- Sugar Scrubs – Choose from this list of recipes for homemade sugar scrubs for both hands and feet. Let your guests mix up their recipe and apply to their hands and feet.
- Foot Bath – For a little more pampering, use this recipe for a Foaming Honey Foot Bath. Let the guests add some to a warm foot bath and soak their feet!
- Manicures and Pedicures – After everyone’s hands and feet are clean and dry, it’s time for nail polish! Now is the time to use the foam toe separators you included in the spa supply basket for each girl, because it really makes applying the polish easier.
- Spa Recipes to Make and Take Home – If you have enough time, guests can make more home spa products to take home. You’ll need to supply empty bottles, little zip-top bags and/or lip gloss containers. Try any of these recipes for spa treatments that sound good to you.
Spa Party Food
- Spas are known for serving light and healthy food, so choose things like a vegetable platter with dipping sauce, fresh fruit and cheese tray, and one of the dessert ideas below.
- Layered Fruit Dessert – Set out bowls of sliced berries, cubes of angel food cake, vanilla pudding and strawberry sauce. Let the girls layer the ingredients in a clear bowl to make their own parfait.
- Chocolate Fondue – Serve melted chocolate with whole strawberries, banana chunks and marshmallows.
- Spas generally avoid drinks with caffeine, so offer fruity herbal tea (can be hot or iced tea), water with lemon slices, and sparkling white grape juice served in wine glasses.
Spa Party Favors
- Nail polish
- Small mirror
- Eye mask
- Lip gloss
- Hand lotion
- Or choose one larger item to give each girl as their favor, like this funky Spa Bear: